GENERAL DOCUMENTATION AND VISA INFORMATION REQUIREMENTS FOR DAY CRUISE OR CRUISE AND HOTEL STAY IN FREEPORT
In accordance with Customs, Border Protection (CBP) regulations, please be advised that all U.S. Citizen adults and minors must be in possession of a current, valid passport as of, April 23, 2018. *Note that Birth Certificates, Photo I. D, and naturalization documents ( Naturalization certificate) will no longer be accepted* Only PASSPORTS will be accepted for international travel. This applies to our day trip and overnight packages.
US RESIDENTS SAME DAY TRAVEL OR OVERNIGHT:
- US Residents must travel with Valid ARC ( Green card).
- It is advisable to present the valid passport of country of citizenship at check in.
- If arc is expired must bring the original extension document with expired arc card
US CITIZENS SAME DAY TRAVEL OR OVERNIGHT:
- Valid US passport or valid us passport card
- US enhanced valid driver’s license (same day travel only)
- Euro border cards, sentry, nexus or global entry cards are not accepted
- For current information on regulations for international travel, visit the travel section of the border protection home page: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html
NON-US CITIZENS SAME DAY TRAVEL OR OVERNIGHT: (ENTRY FROM THE US OR CANADA TO BAHAMAS)
- Valid passport with *valid entry stamp (B1/B2 or w/t countries)
- Valid visa with multiple entries (all classifications)
- Waiver visa countries must have their Esta form
- F1 & M1 visas must have current original I20 form with valid signatures. Pg 2 travel authorization must have a current signature.
- J1 visas must have a current original DS 2019 form, completed with current signatures. Must have a current signature in the travel authorization box
- C1/D Visas cannot travel. C1/d’s can only travel on the carrier or vessel in which they are employed. They can travel if they sign off as a tourist and have a valid tourist, B1/B2 or B/1 visa or valid w/t entry stamp under their tourist visa.
- if there is no current entry stamp in your passport you must bring your boarding card or your ticket or if you are traveling with an electronic ticket you must have a copy of your travel itinerary and ticket number.
- F1 – You are allowed to travel within your 30-day grace period after expiration of F1 visa or I20 form. Please have a copy of your ticket of return to your country available.
- J1 & M1 visas cannot travel after their visa or I20 (M1’s) or DS 2019 (J1’s) forms have expired. your 30-day grace period allows you to stay in the us without penalty, not to travel international and reenter the us from a foreign destination other than your country of citizenship.
CANADIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS: SAME DAY OR OVERNIGHT TRAVEL
- A valid passport of your country of origin of which expiry date, after return from the Bahamas, must not be less than 3 months (direct travel) and not less than 6 months if transiting through other countries such as the us.
- Original Canadian permanent resident card - must not be less than 3 months (direct travel) and not less than 6 months if transiting through other countries such as the US.
- Some countries require Bahamian visas to spend one or more nights on the island. please check with the Bahamian consulate to see if your country requires a Bahamian Visa for overnight travel
- If a person is born in one country and is a resident in another (other than the us or Canada), Bahamian visa documentation is required based upon the country of birth/citizenship.
- Valid passport
- Arc (alien resident card holders) must have a valid passport and valid arc card
- Bahamian residents (not Bahamian citizens) must have a valid residency card of the Bahamas or a letter of permit to reside from the Bahamian ministry or a valid residency stamp in their valid passport of their country of citizenship
- Bahamian citizens with expired passport cannot return to their country. Must go to the Bahamian consulate in Miami to issue an expedited provisional passport or travel document in order to return.
ONE WAY TICKET TO THE BAHAMAS
- Only Bahamian citizens or residents can purchase one way tickets from the us to the Bahamas, all other passengers must show proof that will leave the island with a different vessel or carrier.
- Entry/exit laws and requirements are subject to change without notice.